Monday, December 5, 2011

Strange Toilet in Sungai Lembing

To a lot of you, this toilet I came across in Sungai Lembing may be a little on the strange side. A small room with a bucket of water (out the picture to the right) and a hole in the corner.



First up, let me tell you what and where Sungai Lembing is. Sungai Lembing is a tiny town about 45 minutes drive from Kuantan. It is a town that time forgot. Famous for its tin mines once upon a time, visitors both local and foreign make day trips to see this mysterious place.

You can drive from one end of the town to the other along its main road in about 30 seconds. The abandoned tin mines lie at one end of this road.

Sungai Lembing is still habitable mind you, but if you can't figure out this toilet, where to put your trousers, how to clean yourself up, you're going to be rather stuck!


By the way, I hope you like the new video introduction of my blog I posted yesterday!





7 comments:

  1. Okay. If that's the loo, how are you supposed to go boom booms? (please excuse the words used, but that little drain is quite perplexing!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Duncan, I really like your new opening video and because of it I clicked on links with images that were so wonderful. Your post today gives me a much greater appreciation for the rest rooms we have here in the USA. Have a great week.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, a personal introduction. I feel like I really know you now! But as for that photograph... the 'toilet' far too small for my liking. I remember once visiting a small village in France and having to use a toilet with a hole and two handles on the wall to support oneself but I can't imagine how anyone would use the one in Sungai Lembing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I can't quite figure that one out either. Makes me lose my appetite a little too. :) By the way, I'm a new follower from Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keith, the owner of the roadside restaurant told us it's only for "number 1". No "number 2" allowed!

    Hi Odie, so glad you like the video. It was in my plans for a few weeks.

    Hi Rosalind, for any foreign visitor to Malaysia, it would surely be impossible to use this toilet!

    ramblinbess, Hi and thanks for following my blog! it's quite an amusing toilet isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I like your video which is informative. Suggestions for the next one: please smile more and bring your girls along(or at least Lauren if you consider Leah too young) at least for the last image:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Traveling Hawk, thanks for the suggestions, I just might involve my daughters in the near future!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts, comments and opinions. I'll be responding soon! I will not be publishing anonymous comments so make sure you leave your name with your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...