Thursday, December 1, 2011

My experiment with engineered backgrounds, and new blog friends

Today's post is over at my nature blog. I have recently been experimenting with engineered backgrounds for my nature photos.

This all "stemmed" (excuse the pun!) from my camera's difficulty in focusing on part of an orchid plant in macro mode.





Hop over to Where Nature Presides - Kuantan to read how I overcame this problem and see more of my experiments.




Over the weekend I met two friends in KL who both have lovely blogs. One is a woman named Holly, she's from Korea and has a beautifully maintained blog all about Korean cooking. Go and pay her a visit, follow her and leave a comment at:






Secondly, it was nice to meet, if only briefly, Jennifer, a friend we made through the blogging world. She's American and has recently moved to Malaysia with her husband and two children. Leave her a comment, pay her a visit, it's an interesting read. It's a life-changing experience and she humourously writes about her new life in Malaysia at her blog:





9 comments:

  1. I'll pop over to your nature blog to have a look at your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited them too. Probably I will go back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Duncan - I'll click over to see your tips about macro shots. I'm sure you enjoyed catching up with other bloggers with a lot in common like Blogging and photography!!
    Enjoy your week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post Duncan! It's always interesting to find new blogs on expats living in Malaysia! Keep the links coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traveling Hawk and Keith, thanks for going over to my friend's blogs!

    Diane and Dianne, thanks for popping over to my nature blog!

    Hello white list, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I've been over to your blog too..

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was great to meet you and your family! Hopefully next time we will have more time to talk. Thanks for all of your great advice! I'm loving Malaysia and all my new friends :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts, comments and opinions. I'll be responding soon! I will not be publishing anonymous comments so make sure you leave your name with your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...