Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Top Posts of 2011

I accomplished many things in 2011 which I'm delighted with and will continue through 2012.

I don't usually group things according to year, including new year's resolutions, which I strongly believe don't work. (If you're going to start something, do it NOW, don't wait for the new year!)

Anyway, seeing as blogging and posting are done according to calendar dates, I'm going to share with you some of my favourite posts of the year, as I look back on many good times we've had. Today's first part covers September - December 2011.

1. We were greatly looking forward to visiting KL in November of 2011, and I wasn't disappointed by the majesty of the iconic Petronas Twin Towers which I photographed from a number of angles, in the sun, rain, and at night. It has to be said that they look marvellous in every circumstance!

2. I loved sharing the wonderful pictures of a gecko we eventually captured in our kitchen in A Gecko Encounter. The "smiling gecko" has become one of my most favourite photos of all time!

3. In October 2011 we travelled to Kuching with our children to be present at my sister-in-law's wedding reception. We had a great time visiting Kuching for the first time since 2006 when Fidelia and I registered our own marriage. 



4. The Ten Thousand Buddhas Hall is a brilliant attraction in Kuantan. I happened to be there on the most splendid day, bathed in hot sunshine, making it perfect conditions for some beautiful photos. This buddha became a favourite image of a number of my readers:



5. We had a great time staying in the large, spacious rooms of M. S. Garden Hotel in September 2011.

6. We also enjoyed our stay at Vistana Hotel and becoming good friends with Wayne, the HM. Their suite is beautiful and we were given every generous courtesy during our stay there.

7. Meeting Blog Followers was a great post because it was so good to meet those people who read my blog online, in reality!



Tomorrow I'll be featuring posts from May - August 2011 . . .


7 comments:

  1. I haven't seen - till now - the posts about your followers and the gecko. I loved them both:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallå Duncan.
    Ha en riktig god fortsättning och var rädda om varandra.
    Vilka underbara hotell.Rena rama lyxen.
    Kramizzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of them were great posts that I enjoyed. Thanks, Duncan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Duncan. Hope you had a lovely Christmas with your gorgeous little family! You know already how impressed I was by the Ten Thousand Buddhas Hall, because I mentioned it on my blog! I well remember your sister in law's wedding, and what a special time you all had. I also remember that Gecko. So funny when he really did seem to be smiling at us! It has been a pleasure to meet you this year Duncan, and I so agree with you about NOT bothering to make New Years Resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you were able to see them Traveling Hawk!

    Hi Lotta, thanks for your support of my blog! Wishing you a happy new year.

    Thanks for reading, ordinary malaysian! Your support is much appreciated.

    Diane, I'm glad we are agreed about that! It's been a pleasure too, for us to get to know you this year. Wishing you a happy new year, and best wishes for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice to re-visit with you these great moments! I think the Gecko Encounter was one of my favourite! Thanks Duncan and have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marie, that gecko encounter was very fun. Thanks for re-visiting with me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts, comments and opinions. I'll be responding soon! I will not be publishing anonymous comments so make sure you leave your name with your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...