Thursday, April 28, 2011

Xenodocheionology



Since Day 1 of this challenge I've been racking my brain, as well as my dictionary, for 'X' words.

I thought of 'xylophone' and I was going to dig around for an old picture of Lauren playing the xylophone which her granddad bought for her.

The obvious 'x-ray' came to mind, but there's not much I can write about that which is of any relevance to me or Kuantan.

Then there were fleeting thoughts of cheating slightly by using a word of which 'x' is not the first letter, as in 'excited' or 'axis'. But I'm not into worming my way around things.

A fellow blogger suggested 'X marks the spot' and I just visited a blog who used this as their title, and I did think for a while along those lines.

But deep down I still yearned for a great 'x' word to make my A-Z challenge complete. (I have 'y' and 'z' sorted!) That's when I googled "words beginning with 'x'" and happened upon this website:




Hence my word for today: xenodocheionology. And it means 'love of hotels'. Which is very pertinent for my life in Kuantan.

We have stayed in a number of hotels during the last 5 years.

I love to pay a bit extra for some additional quality.

It's not so much that I love having servants run around for me, but I do love the rare circumstance it provides to sit back and relax.

I love the plushy ambience, the cosy music playing placidly in the background.

I do love complimentary buffet breakfasts.

I love the night gowns in the room closet.

I love the feeling of 'getting away' from the speed of normal life.


I have a severe case of xenodocheionology.



The Zenith Hotel in Kuantan





Swiss Garden Resort and Spa in Balok, near Kuantan





Swissotel Merchant Court, Singapore











What do you like about hotels?






11 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a long word. Those pictures make me want to ditch my house and go to a hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some beautiful hotels in your post, strangely enough I googled X words and came up with "love of Hotels" I was fascinated by the word and only at the last minute decided not to use it

    RJRdaydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angelina, It makes me want to make my home like a hotel!

    RJR, I'm glad you decided not to use xenodocheionology - keeps my 'x' post unique as far as I know :) Great word isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must have xenodocheionology too. I love the little bottles in the bath room and the way I don't have to make or clear away the breakfast. I love being able to graze on the breakfast buffet of a myriad of prepared fruit and then go back to my room to find that the bed is made, the floor vacuumed and there are fresh towels by the bath. Yes, I definitely have xenodocheionology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for that. Another word added to my vocabulary! I'm not much of a backpacker when I travel, so I guess I also have a case of xenodocheionology! I guess it's just the convenience really. But maybe one day when I finally decide to go off the beaten track, I would have to leave that word locked in my drawer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for introducing me to that word, although I think I might have a bit of trouble remembering it!

    And thanks for visiting my blog. (I moved your comment to its rightful place.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess the best thing I like about hotels is that I don't have to clean up or wash dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous photos. I love hotels because they are away from home. Cool word.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just goes to show there really is a word for everything. I'm rather partial to hotels. Never understand people whinging about them. Certainly beats camping out. Looks like you have some doozies over there.

    Denise<3

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME "X" word! And loving the hotels. I've stayed in some pretty incredible hotels in my life. I think I've got a case of xenodocheionology too. :)

    ~Melissa
    Reflections on Writing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes Rosalind, it's nice how a piece of card left outside the door can magically tidy up the room!

    Zamm, thanks for your view!

    Miriam, thanks for moving my comment to the correct place :)

    Bish, that's a great luxury to enjoy once in a while!

    Lynda, it's nice to escape 'home' sometimes..

    Denise, I'm not sure what 'doozies' is?! And I must admit I have whinged on occasion when I didn't feel fully satisfied with a hotel's service, but that's not too often :)

    Melissa, I think this is my favourite post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts, comments and opinions. I'll be responding soon! I will not be publishing anonymous comments so make sure you leave your name with your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...