Two words I love, just for the way they fall off the tongue:
"scrotum" - the pouch of skin that encloses the testicles in most male mammals.
"soliloquy" - the act of speaking one's thoughts aloud when alone or regardless of hearers, especially by a character in a play.
Now, onto the stunning post for today...
Sunrises and Sunsets
All of these glorious pictures of the sun in action were taken in Kuantan, the vast majority of them from my balcony, back window or downstairs. I'm fortunate enough to have a great view of both the sunrise and the sunset. These are a compilation of my favourite images I've collected down the years.
1. Taken a minutes' walk from my apartment
2. This image was taken from just up the hill five minutes walk away
3. I snapped this lovely sunrise picture from the 9th floor of the Zenith Hotel
4. Again, from the 9th floor of the Zenith Hotel
5. A glowing orange sunrise outside my apartment
6. Taken just yards away on a different day. Love the shaft of light bursting through the clouds.
7. From the top of the hill - same position as the 2nd picture
8. We start the sunsets exhibition with a beautiful pink/purple sky, taken from my balcony
9. From my balcony, the apartment block appears to have caught fire on this particular evening
10. From the 3rd floor car park of East Coast Mall, a 5-minute walk away
11. Burning oranges and pinks combine just outside my apartment
12. A bronze/copper sky looms over my balcony
13. Taken on the grass fronting my apartment. I love the trees in silhouette.
14. Grey clouds attempt to block the sunset in Bukit Sekilau
15. Taken from a vantage point a couple of minutes from my apartment. I love the solitary dark cloud behind the palm trees.
16. Another pretty view from my balcony
17. Golden sunset as observed outside my apartment
18. A blanket of pink, orange and yellow cloud covers the sky, as seen from my back window.
19. The sunset-infected cloud invades the blue evening sky, as witnessed from my bedroom window.
20. This was an evening like no other in Kuantan...
21. ...the sky became dramatically filled with this warm, fiery light, and a deep, golden glow filled the streets. This is the only time such a sunset has happened during my 5 years living in Kuantan!
22. Stripy clouds lead toward the setting sun. Taken from my balcony.
23. The ball of fire makes its way towards the darkening horizon as I snapped it from my balcony.
Which are your favourite pictures?