Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Saturday BBQ on Day 5

After my afternoon tuition classes ended at 6pm we set up the BBQ and got it burning.








We barbecued chicken wings, sausages and prawns, and later held some marshmallows over the fire!






We had some honey to spread over the food...





Our little BBQ stand performed well on our little balcony. 



A lovely meal all round. My parents prepared some salad to compliment the meat. Drinks of pepsi and revive washed it all down.

For entertainment afterwards, my dad and I used a watergun and the hose pipe to spray intruding cats and (regrettably) rats, scrummaging around for food in the bins. We were successful!










9 comments:

  1. I don't like prawns but the rest looks quite attractive!

    You and your dad are very determined warriors:) I hope you gained the battle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog. :)
    Wow, you seem like been staying at Kuantan quite a sometime, working at Kuantan too?

    Kuantan really a beauty place, the beach, the food, if you like our local food :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the food, beautiful photos. Have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good bbq, can't beat them especially in the "hot" english weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yammi! I wish i was there!
    Have a nice week, you and your family.
    Love from Greece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prawns on a stick! That's funny. And you're never too old for squirt guns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Duncan..nice to know u..i'm a kuantan's blogger too...a wife and also a teacher...feel free to visit my blog okeh.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a nice & yummy BBQ on a weekend! Your parents really enjoy their time in Kuantan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Traveling Hawk, I think we won the battle, but the war isn't over!

    Mei Fang, I've been living in Kuantan for 5 years now and I teach English tuition classes.

    Thanks Leovi

    Sam, oh that rare hot English weather! We do enjoy a good BBQ.

    My friend from Greece, I'm sorry I don't know your name! But thanks for dropping by :)

    Alex, have you never seen prawns on a stick?

    JaJa'Z, thanks for coming along; I've been over to your blog as well!

    Eve, my parents are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts, comments and opinions. I'll be responding soon! I will not be publishing anonymous comments so make sure you leave your name with your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...