Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Braving the monsoon rains in Kuantan: A Video

Severe flood warnings are out across Kuantan as the monsoon season has hit hard in its first couple of days. There is widespread flooding around the town but I went out to take photos and record this short video so you can see what we're dealing with.







And here are a few photos I took whilst on my walk around my immediate area:




Mr. Samindan tries to unblock the drains outside his restaurant and my apartment block in Bukit Sekilau, Kuantan


Cars slowly making their way along Jalan Dato' Lim Hoe Lek, Kuantan


Slow moving cars kick up ridges of rainwater along Jalan Dato' Lim Hoe Lek, just beside East Coast Mall, in Kuantan


And here are some more photos which are credited to Life@Kuantan facebook page:


Near St. Thomas school looking to Jalan Tun Ismail, Kuantan


This is a public car park close to Berjaya Megamall (background)


These two gentlemen had to wade through chest-high waters at Shahputra college, Indera Mahkota, Kuantan



4 comments:

  1. Incredible images - I hope you and your family stay safe in this treacherous season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you and your family are safe Duncan. The news reports doesn't seem to look favourable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to help as much as I can for them.
    Hope you, your family and your car is safe ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shocking images Duncan.. I know I complain about the lack of rain here but that is way too excessive. Hope you guys were not flooded..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts, comments and opinions. I'll be responding soon! I will not be publishing anonymous comments so make sure you leave your name with your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...