Thursday, June 7, 2012

KL KL, why are you so . . . aaahhh!

This is the 2nd time we've been to KL this month. We'll be here for a third time in a couple of weeks in transit to Kuching. We stayed with our friends in Ampang a week ago and now we're in Puchong with my mum-in-law and 2 of my sisters-in-law. The good news is that we'll be driving back home to Kuantan tomorrow in our brand new car! On the other side of the coin, travelling to KL is taking its toll on us. Lauren doesn't eat properly whenever we travel and Leah has been a little unwell. What irks me the most is the terrible traffic jams around KL where it takes one longer to get somewhere than than the time spent there when you arrive! My children got so bored and irritable in the car - my wife and I concluded that we'll never live in KL! Last night we were driving from Puchong to Bukit Bintang in the heart of KL. I'm always amazed when I see the stunning Petronas Twin Towers. They stood taller and taller as we drove closer and closer along the highway. They look fantastic all lit up at night and make any trip to KL worth it. I managed to buy a lovely new tripod for my camera last night at Bukit Bntang, just before te shop clo0sed at
Anyway, I'm having a little trouble composing this post from my Samsung Android so I'll stop for now. Photos will be coming later when we get back home to our computer!

3 comments:

  1. Duncan, KL traffic is exasperating to say the least. That is why I don't prefer to drive in KL. Wherever possible, I take the LRT or monorail. Must have been frustrating to you to have wasted so much time caught in traffic bottlenecks. KL is not a nice city to live in, especially with family. If you are single, it is not so bad. Kuantan is definitely a livable city for a man with a family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and here, I actually thought of working in KL. >.<"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ordinary malaysian, I agree absolutely.

    Anna, more money in KL, but also more stress!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts, comments and opinions. I'll be responding soon! I will not be publishing anonymous comments so make sure you leave your name with your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...