We live in a beautiful, stunning and amazing world. We are surrounded by awesome nature, skilled architecture, fascinating landscapes and billions of people. If the Earth deviated just one-eighth of an inch closer to the Sun in its orbit, we would heat up and burn to death. If it deviated just one-eighth of an inch away from the Sun in its orbit, we would soon freeze to death. The positioning of our planet in itself emphasizes the hand of a Supreme Creator.
Yet I wonder how much we know of our planet? Of the lands and the seas, countries, continents, cities, landmarks? I am appalled at how little Malaysian children know concerning their home planet, and how much they even care. Geography is a subject of vital importance and one that is extremely rewarding.
I wonder how many questions you would be able to answer from the the following set, as we go back to Geography Basics:
1. Name the 7 continents of the world.
2. Name 10 of America's states.
3. Name 5 countries which border China.
4. Name 10 European countries and their capital cities.
5. Name 10 African countries.
6. Name 5 national islands.
7. Name 3 countries on the equator.
8. On which continent would you find:
- New Zealand
9. In which country would you find:
- Rio De Janeiro
10. Name the capital cities of:
- North Korea
- Sri Lanka
So how did you do? Is your geography up to scratch? Let me know, I'd be pleased to hear your feedback!