Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Streetz Cafe, Kuantan

The entrance to Streetz Cafe, Jalan Beserah, Kuantan

Streetz Cafe is located on Jalan Beserah in Kuantan. The cafe has been designed very well and is eye-catching. It presented us with a very good first impression. You soon realise why it is called 'Streetz':

The interior of Streetz Cafe, Kuantan
There is a road, or a street, running right through the middle of the cafe. The furniture, decorations and general ambiance are all very cool and give you the feeling you are in a very good restaurant.

Interior of Streetz Cafe, Kuantan

Interior decorations at Streetz Cafe

Waiting time was adequate and Fidelia really enjoyed her meal:


Lauren had a kids meal and enjoyed that too:


I ordered a typically western spaghetti bolognese and we also had a western pizza.




I was disappointed to find that Streetz Cafe had made the spaghetti with spices. Spaghetti is not supposed to be spicy. So I wasn't able to really enjoy my meal. As for the pizza, it had chilli all over it under the cheese, which made it basically inedible for us. My family quickly concluded that trying to Asian-ise Western food by making it spicy is not the way to do it, and at least to a Western palate like mine, is not appetising at all. Perhaps for local Malaysians, this may not present a problem, but for this English guy, I'm afraid it was off-putting.

And that's a shame because it's a beautiful cafe with a nice atmosphere, but when all is said and done, the ultimate litmus test of a restaurant is the food. And the Western portion of the Streetz Cafe menu was poor.


3 comments:

  1. Like everything, interpretation has a lot to do with how things turn out. Exciting blog. I would love to travel to the Far East.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That food looks YUMMY!!! I'm realizing how hungry I am. I've never seen a restaurant with a street through it before. That's cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled upon your website by chance. I used to live/work in Kuantan from 1995 to 2005 and I'll forever have a soft spot for Kuantan!

    You should check out Mint at Balok Beach. I think they've been opened just a few months; their menu is a bit limited but their western food is more authentic. Nice ambiance too.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts, comments and opinions. I'll be responding soon! I will not be publishing anonymous comments so make sure you leave your name with your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...