Friday, April 26, 2013

Keep Calm and Win the war





I'm an Englishman and proud of my country's history, particularly that surrounding World War I and World War II. The defence of our island by air over the English Channel was an integral part of our victory in WWII. My grandfather was working on one of our ships engaged in combat in the English Channel at that time. The ship was hit but he managed to survive and tell the tale. I take a lot of strength and character from that.

Keep Calm and WIN the war!




Do you have any relatives involved in the war who had great stories to tell?

6 comments:

  1. Well, not the same war, but my parents and many other relatives have lived through more than one war, and lived to tell the tale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing that story about my Dad. He was actually being evacuated from Dunkirk and his craft was blown in half. So good that your Granddad who you knew for such a short time is inspiring you. I'm sure he's very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mum, teach me more about him and his role in the war! I need to know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandfather was in the war in North Africa, but Spain lost the war! If it were up to me, the first thing I do is clear the human cerrebro war. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My grandfather was in the war during the Japanese Occupation. It was tough to get him to talk about it. My granduncle was one of the labourers for the Bridge of River Kwai. He managed to escape and lived to tell the story. Sadly, I was too young to really understand until I learn the history of the bridge. By then, my granduncle decided not to relive the painful memories.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts, comments and opinions. I'll be responding soon! I will not be publishing anonymous comments so make sure you leave your name with your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...